Thursday, February 28, 2013

UNO Kindle Fire Edition - Keeps crashing when not connected to wi-fi

Date: 03/01/13

Gameloft's UNO Kindle Fire Edition (some version before 3.7.1)

I've gotten the same exact bug for 3 weeks in a row with Gameloft's UNO for the Kindle Fire.

Figure that I might as well write it down.

Here's what I keep seeing: on the weekends, my Kindle Fire will usually get connected to Wi-Fi.  During the rest of the week, it is not connect.

When it is not connected to Wi-Fi, if I launch Gameloft's UNO for the Kindle Fire, I am presented with a message that says:

"Download must be performed through a Wi-Fi connection and we did not detect any connection activated.  Do you want to configure your Wi-Fi connection now?"

If I select "Yes" to this prompt, the Kindle Fire throws up an error prompt of, "The application Settings (process.com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again."

No matter how many times I select this "Yes" prompt, I keep getting this crash.

It wouldn't matter that much, except the game also presents me with a "Later" prompt.  If I select "Later" - it just dumps me out of the application without warning.

I've gotten this now multiple times.  And the weird thing is, if I manually go into the Kindle Fire's setting screen (even though there's no wi-fi to be found around me) the crash will stop happening. 

Slightly curious.

Repro Steps for what I have been seeing:

1.  Go some place and have your Kindle Fire auto-connect to one of it's trusted wi-fi networks
2.  Go some place else out of wi-fi range of a trusted network
3.  Launch Gameloft's UNO for the Kindle Fire
4.  Note the "(process com.android.settings) crash

Result:  While not connected to wi-fi, Gameloft's UNO for the Kindle Fire app will continually crash,after I select "Yes" to an in-game connect to wi-fi settings prompt

Expected:  No crash from selecting "Yes" to an in-game connect to wi-fi settings prompt that's present by the UNO for Kindle Fire application

NOTE:  Please see attached screenshots.

I am not connected to wi-fi.  I launch UNO on the Kindle Fire.

I see a prompt like the one above.  I select "Yes" to this prompt....

I get this error message, ten for ten, until I manually go into the Kindle Fire settings screen. 






No comments:

Post a Comment