Thursday, September 11, 2014

Cube Thing game on the Kindle Fire: Screenshot Option not working as expected.

Date: 09/11/2014

Cube Thing Game: Version 1.1

Description:

I just downloaded the game Cube Thing onto my first generation Kindle Fire.

The game is pretty enjoyable (although it would be about 5 time better with Amazon GameCircle integration!) and I encourage anyone to give it a try.

I did find one particular bug that I kept getting, that I thought I should jot down here.

This game features a screenshot option.  I've seen this feature on other games that i've downloaded for my Kindle Fire, but i've almost never used this feature.

I tried to use this feature of Cube Thing today - and it didn't work me.  Perhaps i'm just misunderstand it wrong.  Allow me to explain...

Instead of taking a picture of the entire screen - meaning my cube and the course - it only takes grabs a screenshot of the rectangular box with the scores.  I have no idea why anyone would want a screen shot of that (and not the course AND the results).

Steps to Reproduce:

1.  Download Cube Thing game on a Kindle Fire
2.  Launch on a Kindle Fire
3.  Take a screenshot
4.  Go and look at screenshot

Result:  Screenshots taken in Cube Thing show only the rectangular score box - not the entire field of play

Expected:  I want a screenshot of both the scores AND the course!

Repro Rate:  5/5

Please Note:  Please see the attached screenshots.

Grab a screenshot from this screen.  When I go and tap the "Screenshot" button, i'm assuming that i'm going to capture the entire screen - meaning the cube and the course.

This is what was taken, this is my screenshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment