Sunday, January 11, 2015

Doctor ScreamZ on my microphone-less Kindle Fire - crashes when I tap REC

Date: 1/11/2015

Doctor ScreamZ (version 1.6) on my first generation, microphone less Kindle Fire

Description:

Usually (nearly always) when I attempt to download an app that focuses on the recording on audio on my microphone-less Kindle Fire, i'm given an error message that tells me that my particular Kindle Fire isn't compatible with the app i'm trying to download.

Even if I can download an app that features the recording of audio on my Kindle Fire, the apps I download usually don't crash if I attempt to record audio.

An app called Doctor ScreamZ does. Inside of Doctor ScreamZ there's an option to record audio. When I select this option the application crashes for me 100 percent.

After selecting the record option inside of Doctor ScreamZ, i'm presented with a message that says,

"The application Dr.ScreamZ (process com.scream.doctor) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Steps to reproduce:

1.  Download Doctor ScreamZ
2.  Select "Skip" under Doctor Phil
3.  Press "REC"

Result:  Select the "REC" option inside of the Doctor ScreamZ app on my microphone-less Kindle Fire results in the app crashing

Expected:  No app should crash after selecting an audio option on my microphone-less Kindle Fire

Note: This is easier to show than to describe, so please see the attached screenshots.

Download Doctor ScreamZ

Press the "REC" button

Application crashes

No comments:

Post a Comment